New to me and finding things

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to me and finding things

New to me and finding things

Looks like my new to me Max IV has a bit of water in the engine. Not a big deal, I can change it. Should I be on the lookout for any long term issues from it? Also, noticed a wonderful clanking-screeching noise when turning to the right. Looks like the rear drive chain has a few frozen links. I gave it a liberal coating of PB blaster, and I'll let it sit or the week, my shop is 25 miles from my house and I don't have time during the week to get there. What are the chances of the PB juice freeing up that chain or should I just order a replacement now?

Never seen so many grease fittings in such tight quarters before. I can see losing a good deal of knuckle flesh maintaining this thing.

hey jon...i have had '' blaster '' work on some links , others no . just depends on how rusted and frozen they are . i buy chain from u.s.a. chain or chain 4 less co.s 10' ft. rolls . just get good quality, not the cheap chain . yes , there are tuff to get to grease fittings in most machines . one of those clamp on zert fittings tool on your grease gun really helps . the more you work on it , you will get familiar with the max. they are'nt real complex .. just takes time for some maintenance . the clanking -screeching may be that chain or a bearing . best to jack up the machine with all wheels off the ground and '' wobble ' 'and rotate each tire to check the bearings . good luck and let us know how it goes . johnboy va.

Thanks. I can see this forum quickly becoming a go to resource. I'm used to two wheelers that are dealer service only. Being able to do my own work is a welcome change.

I personally would change all 4 rear chains for piece of mind, they suck to change. Then check adjustment after 1/2 to 1 hour.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread