What are the biggest tires I can put on a Max 2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What are the biggest tires I can put on a Max 2

What are the biggest tires I can put on a Max 2

Right, now I am not quite ready for new tires, especially if sell the little guy, but it is something I need to be thinking about before too long.

So, what are the biggest tires I can put on my Max 2? Right now it has 21x11x8.

And as long as we are at it, can someone steer me to where tires are a little less expensive. Wow, some of the ones I have seen on the Internet are really expensive.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

22x11x8 are the largest tires the factory installed. I’ve seen a 2 with 23 inch tires but no idea where they came from.

papa g ... i've bought tires from motosport and also chapparel . the 22 x 12 - 8 were around $ 70.00 for a kenda bearclaw tire . not sure if that's high or not . jboy

Thank you msafi65 and john swenson for your help. I was not aware that I could put on 22x12x8, but I guess the 22 is about as high as I can go with out hitting the tub on top of the tires, and 8 is the rim size so I have to stay with that.

Do you know if those 22x12x8 will swim? I guess that depends most on the tread pattern.

Anyway thanks for you help.

Papa G.

papa g ... motosport seems to be the best prices . check them online . the kenda bearclaw swims o.k. , but if your looking to do alot of water traveling i think there better tires for that , but probably cost more . j.b.

HI Johnboy, What tires do you think would be better for water..Just bought a Hoot and it needs tires.. I saw these at walmart Set 2 FREE COUNTRY ATV tires 22X11-8 22x11x8 4PR D930 10351

New tires

Does anyone have an opinion on Deetstone d-930 https://deestonetireusa.com/d930/
    for a swimming tire. These are 130. Best price I can get on carlisle from Argo is $260 cdn installed

hey explore ...i don't do much water riding at all , so i 'm not up on the best water tires . there are discussions on here from experienced water guys . try a little searching on this site . maybe someone else will chime in with suggestions . have fun .....jboy

Quote Originally Posted by Papa G. View Post
    Right, now I am not quite ready for new tires, especially if sell the little guy, but it is something I need to be thinking about before too long.

So, what are the biggest tires I can put on my Max 2? Right now it has 21x11x8.

And as long as we are at it, can someone steer me to where tires are a little less expensive. Wow, some of the ones I have seen on the Internet are really expensive.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    I have seen Cory's MaxII with 25 inch dirt devils, and Noel Woods MaxII with 25 inch Mud Bug/Gator tire combo, both machines were exceptional in the mud and had a reasonable swim speed. Mike also ran a MaxII with 25" Rawhide III's. If you want a MaxII that will fly in the water and be very capable in the Mud the best combo I have seen (also expensive-sorry) are the Argo 24" swimmer tire.
    Yes expensive but they really give the MaxII a new found ability.

https://www.argoadventure.com/24x10-8-Tires_c_3682.html

If I needed tires for an AATV, the Gators in: 25x12x9 would be my first choice and run about $129 each.

http://www.tiresnstuff.com/gbc-gator.html

They pull well in the mud and do swim at 1.25 mph or so.
    The tread is fairly aggressive but not too much for an amphib, the sidewalls are tough and I've never had a puncture or a tire to debead off the wheel.
    They will add height to the machine and between all of these factors are about the only tires I would buy.
    Highly recommended.

+ Reply to Thread