T20 Input Shaft - what steel is it made of?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T20 Input Shaft - what steel is it made of?

I think jerseybigfoot?s spacer idea and msafi65?s heavy washer fix together with blue lock tight should fix your problem. I would also make sure the belt alignment is such that it is not putting outward pressure on the secondary. Let us know how you make out, a frustrating problem for sure.

Yes, a thick washer is a good idea. It never occured to me the washer could be an issue.
    I
    Regarding new input shafts, I can't find any for sale. Got any ideas?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

I think your best bet is to post something in the wanted section. They are available from Route 6x6, but I think you will be surprised by the price.

Thanks. I did check at Route6x6, they have used ones only right now.

Quote Originally Posted by msafi65 View Post
    I make a clutch washer on the lathe that is about 3/8 thick with 7/8 shoulder to center. If the shaft has had the clutch loose and is worn down below .874? at the extreme outer end the clutch won?t stay on. I?ve set several that owners didn?t want to replace the input shaft with gap filling lock tite and have had a couple run for several years. I don?t recommend it. A new shaft and clutch have about .001? clearance.
    Do you have this thicker washer you make available for sale? I'd like one, with thr proper bolt as well. ?(Our hardware store doesn't carry the proper bolts, I have to cut long ones a bit shorter.)
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread