Max 2 drive belr

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max 2 drive belr

Max 2 drive belr

Does anyone have instructions on how to tighten the drive belt on a 2000 Max2? Im srumped. Any help would be grratly appreciated

hey deb ....usually on most machines the motor mount has slotted holes that the motor bolts thru .just loosen the 4 motor mount bolts and slide engine back some to tighten belt . if the mount does have slotted holes and the engine is all the way back , then the belt is stretched enough that a new one will be needed . i think the slack in the belt is abount 1'' flex , but not 100% sure . look up '' tightening max 2 belt on the web ...should be some info . good luck , johnboy va.

Thanks John. I loosened the motor mount bolts and it is definitely not lotted. On one side there is like a bumper on clutch side and it's all the
    way tight
    Since there's not slots I don't see the point of it.

deb ...just checking , could you see that the motor mount plate holes were'nt slotted or you just could not slide the engine back any further cause of the bumper . ? you may want to loosen motor mount bolts again and see if the motor slides forward . if not the holes are for sure not slotted . if it does move forward there are slots and your belt is stretched . i think my max 2 is a 2001 , engine mount is slotted and it has that bumper . sounds like either way a new belt is in order . jboy

also the width of the belt wears too , so it drops lower in the clutch which makes it looser and clutch does'nt have as much of the belt to grab . so basically at some point a belt wears down so it needs to be replaced no matter what , jb

+ Reply to Thread