2022 frontier scout help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2022 frontier scout help

2022 frontier scout help

Hello everyone
    First post and already looking for help. I bought a new 2022 frontier scout. Not going to bore you with all the details so long story short, took the unit out and after 6km of very easy riding lost steering to the right, lost break and it?s like a river of transmission oil coming out of the transmission dip stick. Even before taking the unit out I found multiple issues. Talked to the tech who is working on the unit and he informed me of even more issues found with the unit. I reached out to Argo got very little to nothing back in terms of information. Does anyone have any contact information for Argo that I can reach out to for help? Also is it normal for a brand new machine to come to you with 14km on it?
    Thank you
    Freddy

Man that is unfortunate. Sounds like the transmission was overfill and the loss of brakes would be from water in the brake fluid. Don't know how that would happen to a new machine. Possible the brakes were installed on a humid day and not bled quite enough. I hope you get a response from argo. You should not be having issues like that on a new rig

Ya it sucks. Almost looks like there is no seal engagement on the transmission dip stick or the ID of the hole is to big. Very disappointing when you get a brand new unit with no grease in the bearings, no lube on the chains, wrong size tires, no seat and those are just the issues I found before the first and only use of 6KMs. I called the dealership to get an update and the tech told me that the disk that the steering break grabs looks like it was overheated and is dis coloured and has expanded. There are also some melted parts that he found. Very concerning when you get a brand new unit that has come to you with 14KMs and you find no grease in the bearings and dry chains. Oh did I mention the two transmission bolts I found just sitting loose in the tub? And still nothing from Argo just radio silent. Could have bought 3 quads for the price I paid for this unit and the options I put on.

this should be a dealer issue since its still under warranty.the dealer should be ashamed of himself for sending out a new unit in that condition.

It is all under warranty and the dealer has been pretty decent to deal with. Yes fully agreed should not of allowed a unit to leave there show room in that condition. This unit was ordered right from the factory, went to the dealer, then to me after the additional options where added. Both the dealer and Argo have a claim in this as the major issues found came straight from Argo. Neither the dealer or Argo have gotten back to me when I asked “ is it normal for a unit to be delivered with 14KMs on it” I have heard nothing back from Argo, only time I hear from the dealer is when I call. So that’s why I posted here in hopes that someone has a good contact at Argo that I can reach out to.

Freddy

argo quality control does leave something to be desired.like i said years back,you need to totally tear down the machine apoun delivery and reassemble properly.its really is sad. i pulled my 2012 hdi down 2 years ago, i had purchased it as an argo demo unit.i found remains of a grenaded clutch and 4 exhaust manifold gaskets in the engine bay.i had been using the machine for years with no gaskets.

+ Reply to Thread