Loose tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loose tracks

Loose tracks

I have a 1971 sidewinder that came with composite material tracks, there on there now but there kinda loose but they have the right amount of track links on each side. The tracks also shift alot where the back wheels are on the very inner side of the track and causing a little damage to the track. Does anybody else have this problem and if so how to fix it.

Most tracks are tensioned with air pressure in the tires.
    What it lacks in ground clearance it makes up for with traction.

The tires are aired up all the way, thats why I'm confused.

maybe it's possible that either the tracks have stretched or the tires are smaller than the original tires were . is it possible to remove one track ''cleat '' and then air the tires down to a pressure that keeps them on. tracks don't need to be super tight . thats hard on bearings and axles . some looseness is o.k. as long as they are not coming off .also make sure all tires are in line with each other . any bearings bad ? johnboy va.

How much sag under center tire with tires at 5 psi? I consider 5 minimum and run 7-8 psi on my max. I’m not sure if a half link is available for your type of track but I’ve seen metal homemade half links before. 2” of sag is about right most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread