Max Buffalo/IV project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max Buffalo/IV project

Hybrid View

Max Buffalo/IV project

I have a Max IV/Buffalo project for sale. I'm currently away from home but will be back in about two weeks and I will have some pictures. I'm getting out of the hobby temporarily until my new house and garage is built. My intensions were to build a buffalo lower (mid engine frame) with a Max IV upper with two seats in line (lets face it, Max IV's don't fit four grown people). I have a Buffalo roll cage, new sprockets, new Tsubaki chains, all axles are in great shape. I think I also have all new bearings (but let me verify that when I get home). I also have a used buffalo upper in good shape with the lights and wiring harness that will also go with it in case you want the buffalo instead of a max IV look. I also have six 26" barely used rawhide tires on rims. The lower is brand new, never cut that I got when Max was owned by muddox and the Max IV upper is also new that I got from RI. The whole thing has always been stored inside, never a day in the sun. The T-20 is an old one with the popsicle sticks that probably could use a rebuild and it has a 2 cycle clutch attached to it. The only thing missing is an engine and I guess a four cycle clutch for the T-20. I'm pretty sure I bought a rebuild kit for the T-20 a while ago which will also go with it. Please ask any questions as I may have forgotten something. I do not want to break this up as I don't have a lot of time to pack and ship things and I'm trying to make my move easier so I would like it all to go. I would consider selling one of the uppers separate as most people would want one or the other for a project. I am located in Wells Maine. $3600.00. I have a Kohler 500 engine (single cylinder) with electric start that runs great for $400.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzah View Post
    I have a Max IV/Buffalo project for sale. I'm currently away from home but will be back in about two weeks and I will have some pictures. I'm getting out of the hobby temporarily until my new house and garage is built. My intensions were to build a buffalo lower (mid engine frame) with a Max IV upper with two seats in line (lets face it, Max IV's don't fit four grown people). I have a Buffalo roll cage, new sprockets, new Tsubaki chains, all axles are in great shape. I think I also have all new bearings (but let me verify that when I get home). I also have a used buffalo upper in good shape with the lights and wiring harness that will also go with it in case you want the buffalo instead of a max IV look. I also have six 26" barely used rawhide tires on rims. The lower is brand new, never cut that I got when Max was owned by muddox and the Max IV upper is also new that I got from RI. The whole thing has always been stored inside, never a day in the sun. The T-20 is an old one with the popsicle sticks that probably could use a rebuild and it has a 2 cycle clutch attached to it. The only thing missing is an engine and I guess a four cycle clutch for the T-20. I'm pretty sure I bought a rebuild kit for the T-20 a while ago which will also go with it. Please ask any questions as I may have forgotten something. I do not want to break this up as I don't have a lot of time to pack and ship things and I'm trying to make my move easier so I would like it all to go. I would consider selling one of the uppers separate as most people would want one or the other for a project. I am located in Wells Maine. $3600.00. I have a Kohler 500 engine (single cylinder) with electric start that runs great for $400.
    Sorry to see you go, I know you have busy distant on off life. Good luck with the new house.

For those interested frame and all driveline parts including upper body are 2005 Buffalo Truck so square headlight.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks Jim. I won't be gone long.

+ Reply to Thread