Kawasaki FD620 carb issues?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kawasaki FD620 carb issues?

Kawasaki FD620 carb issues?

So I have a 2000 conquest with the Kawasaki engine. Was out with the family, and it was running beautiful as always and then just suddenly died. No clue, so I went through all the normal stuff. Getting fuel to the carb, have spark, air filter is good etc.. then I did a bit more digging. Seems the wire came off the solenoid? So I opened up the carb and there is this little brass piece that is trickling fuel into the butterfly. Like trickling, not spraying or dumping. Is this normal?... I was thinking about taking off the solenoid, and just putting a bolt in place to eliminate the fuel cutoff and see if that changes anything? I wanted to consult you experts first to see before I do anything drastic. And yes, the new solenoid is on it's way already haha. Just wanted to try the basics before I rip the entire carb apart. She turns over just fine, but won't fire up and idle, even if I hold the throttle on. I can smell gas, but not firing. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Alienation View Post
    So I have a 2000 conquest with the Kawasaki engine. Was out with the family, and it was running beautiful as always and then just suddenly died. No clue, so I went through all the normal stuff. Getting fuel to the carb, have spark, air filter is good etc.. then I did a bit more digging. Seems the wire came off the solenoid? So I opened up the carb and there is this little brass piece that is trickling fuel into the butterfly. Like trickling, not spraying or dumping. Is this normal?... I was thinking about taking off the solenoid, and just putting a bolt in place to eliminate the fuel cutoff and see if that changes anything? I wanted to consult you experts first to see before I do anything drastic. And yes, the new solenoid is on it's way already haha. Just wanted to try the basics before I rip the entire carb apart. She turns over just fine, but won't fire up and idle, even if I hold the throttle on. I can smell gas, but not firing. Thoughts?
    Many people have nipped the tip on the solenoid, we have done it mid ride to get going again. The wire is very fine and smaller gauge and it will break internally causing this issue.
    Should by chance this not be your fix, check the big plug under the ignitor as we have had issues there aswell.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Is the shaft on the solenoid supposed to be extended, or retracted? When I removed it, it was retracted.
    What is the plug under the ignitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Alienation View Post
    Is the shaft on the solenoid supposed to be extended, or retracted? When I removed it, it was retracted.
    What is the plug under the ignitor?
    The plunger on the solenoid is normally extended, when powered it pulls in and opens main jet.
    The big plug has 6 wires and is directly under the ignitor.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread