In response to your statement, I agree with the fact that people do get busy with work,and life outside work. Happens with myself a lot. Different forums I'm on have times that seems like they dry up, then bang,it picks up. Information wise for a site as this one is, it really can't be topped! Bike sites/forums I'm on for offroad/enduro riding don't come close to having available info as on this site. Yes people love fast quads,sxs,to rip around on. Quads, sxs machines also have huge advertising compaired to aatvs. That's why I find people don't look into aatvs as much. They are,aatvs,not built for speed. That's a given fact. But I find when I do get out with people who have quads and sxs, and I'm the only one on an Argo l get a lot of chuckles. Yeah they disappear from sight,BUT, it's awesome catching up, waving bye bye because they're buried, broken on the trails and pokie keeps on going. As far as prices go,they are not much different than quads and sxs. Maintenance is slightly more, not a heck of a lot. I hear so many people say that " you can't go fast" that's not what aatvs were for. That cracks me up. If aatvs had more advertising as quads and sxs do, would be a game changer in my opinion.
Took a gentleman out on a ride with my 6x6 that was a hardcore quad fanatic. Now my 6x6 is old, no tracks yet, ok rawhides , but was enough for this guy to catch damn near every mosquito around due to his jaw dropping because of where we were going. Explained to him about the only real downfall with these awesome machines is ground clearance, high centering, if you can use your terrain to your advantage, you will still go places quads and sxs wont dare.
Well guess what happened! He's the proud owner of a new Argo 8x8. Blew my mind. Hopefully he joins the site. Showed the site to him for the fact of the wealth of information, knowledge found here.
Probably off track a bit on the topic of this post, of being dead, I find it is not different than any other in means of activity. Having aatvs advertised more like everything else, will only increase amount of them out and about. Which in return as mentioned above by ARGOJIM, increases this sites members and activity.
Also a key feature that got the gentleman to switch to an aatv was the very small amount of ground disturbance they cause. That was a the major reason he bought one.
For me it's a plus for these machines. And if he becomes a member,a plus again.
Now if the Max machines start popping up,even better again.
This is an incredible site without a doubt.