Is this a dead 6x6 site now?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this a dead 6x6 site now?

Is this a dead 6x6 site now?

I don't see any new posts in the Max or Transmission forms. Last post are from May.
    Where is everyone going?
    Stand for the Flag. Kneel for the Cross.

it has been kind of slow on here . maybe everyones machines are running great and no advice is needed . it will get busy again i bet . jboy

It's been in the 100-105 degree range here in Texas. Most people don't do much when it gets that hot. Most of our swamps and back-waters are dry. I know that most of the country is in drought mode as well.
    I know that I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures and for some rain. The grass here in East Texas crunches under foot currently.

Yes. It just hasn’t been the same since the days of Mike…unfortunately. I used to love how active this site was.
    -Attex ST/300/D - "The Duck." Family owned since the early '70's
    -Attex ST/300/D- Resto/mod project! (not yet started)
    -Attex 440 Thunderchief Racer (not yet started)
    -Attex ST/400 (not yet started)
    -Hustler 980 BIGFOOT- A work in progress (SOLD)
    -1999 Max Buffalo Truck (SOLD)
    -1989 Max IV - A Max four my kids. (In progress)

Yes this site seems slow along with the other one, I dont think there are a lot of new ppl getting into the sport and those of us who are have pretty much found out over the years hoew to fix our machines and pretty much everything is pretty easy to find on the 2 sits to be able to fix without re posting. just my .02

yea ...many of us are older folks and have had machines and ridden many years . i think without a new u.s manufacturer of aatv's and advertising , most of the young folks want fast atv's and side by sides . plus maybe they have seen how much maintenance these can take compared to other offroaders . my neighbors buddy came by the other day with a brand new side by side that was almost a jeep ! but i really still enjoy the sharing that is on here . it's like airplane people who '' hanger fly '' . jboy va.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty-Gunn View Post
    I don't see any new posts in the Max or Transmission forms. Last post are from May.
    Where is everyone going?
    The only thing that keeps this site going is member contributions. Coming on and looking around may keep the attendance or views up but without member added threads or questions the site is just a book. It generally takes a little time for responses as some members are just seeing whats new, johnboy is usually pretty quick and articles that peak someone's interest glean other members responses.
    More posts = more activity, more activity= more posts type of thing.
    Put it out there someone will probably chime in.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

i agree jim ... if your looking at the site , if you read someone fixed their clutch , motor or something ...maybe had a nice ride , just to respond and say hey , glad it worked out or thanks for the post keeps more responses going and is just nice to do .. that to me supports this forum . jboy va.

Well I'm just getting familiar with the site, so every bit of info and advice I find here is valuable. Now that I really need my Argo for a fence-building project, I am putting effort in maintenance on the machine. I've owned it for 3 years and not put many miles on it. I look forward to using it as my "go anywhere" farm pickup truck to carry fencing supplies.

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    There are a lot of people who may periodicaly visit the site, such as myself, who have either gotten busy or may have not been able to get out to ride because of different circumstances and maybe because the prices of the aatv are getting to the point where ones either can't afford one, opt for a sxs , or are tired of the maintenence. There will be fathers who have a 6x6 or8x8 who's kids have grown up with them but chose the faster atv or may not want to be involved in outdoor recreation. When I am not using the argo or not working on it I tend not to go to the site 'cause I forget to. This really is a great site for entertainment (secretly smiling at anothers problems.....then realizing you have a similar problem), for getting information on how to fix things, a site for maybe getting needed parts. As was mentioned, the site may slow down for a while but will pick up again.

+ Reply to Thread