Life Expectancy

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Life Expectancy

I have to replace the two front chains on my 2015(?) Argo XTI. What is a good vendor for RC60 HD chain by the 100' roll? I figure I will need to replace other chains before 100 additional hours so I might as well stock up.

I found some heavy duty RC60 chain at Red Boar Chain https://redboarchain.com/collections...iant=253937005
    It has a fairly high tensile strength and thicker side plates (.125 vs. .095) Looking forward to trying it on the shorter front chains first.

Staying on top of the maintenance is key to keeping your machine reliable and extending the longevity of it. My argo is an 07 Avenger and before I head out, I give it a quick once over to make sure nothing has changed since the last outing. After a 10 day hunting trip every fall, I clean it up and make sure anything that needs fixing is done, oils changed, if needed. That way any repairs don't add to be overwhelming and leave you with a POS in a few years time.
    @lenderhand , when I replaced my chains, I used Napa's heavy duty ones and have had a lot better success than their regular grade ones I tried. Naturally, you get what you pay for and I went the cheaper route initially with their lighter chains.

+ Reply to Thread