Brake cooling fan

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brake cooling fan

Hybrid View

Brake cooling fan

Hi. Started up my 2000 Conquest today and the brake cooling fan didn?t come on. Any ideas what the problem could be would be much appreciated. Can the machine be used without the fan. Thanks

check see if you have power to the fan.maybe its just a blown fuse???????

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    check see if you have power to the fan.maybe its just a blown fuse???????
    Would that be an inline fuse. Don’t seem to be anything blown in the fuse cluster. Thanks for your reply

I second plott hound on that one, first thing to check is the fuse. My old machine still has the old school tubular fuses for the break fan and sometimes just a quick spin around or replacement is all it needs. I had a wire break off the back of my ignition switch once as well which also disabled my break fan.

Thanks much for your help.

it should be in the fuse cluster. here is a picture. https://www.argoadventure.com/127-12...KI_p_7892.html

also check the wire connections, something may have come loose. vibration or bouncing from rough rides can and will loosen connections.

Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    it should be in the fuse cluster. here is a picture. https://www.argoadventure.com/127-12...KI_p_7892.html
    Thanks. Very much appreciated

+ Reply to Thread