Two Hour Job

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Two Hour Job

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    Also 16 wheels sounds wild! I gotta see a picture of your machine!
    New phone new laptop old guy it will take me a year to figure out how to upload LOL but go into the gallery section of this site and go to my pics u would be able to see a few pics of the olde Avenger.NCT Cheers Lad

Quote Originally Posted by Laird View Post
    SOOOOOO, what was supposed to be a two hour job (in my mind) ended five days later. I came on a deal that gave me four splined axles, for my Vanguard, one for a Bigfoot, three bearing extensions, aluminum bearing retainers, flanges, cork gaskets, two complete brake units and some other goodies. I decided to put the tracks back on and discovered a bad bearing, hence the two hour job. However, I figured that the bearing extensions would be a good upgrade because of the tracks. This turned into a bit of a nightmare. It also ended up that when all said and done the extensions are on, along with five more new bearings, couple of seals, center axle on one side had a bad bearing. Being retired I should have had the job done in a couple of days but being retired I couldn't seem to find the time. Any one who is retired can relate to that one.
    Got to say Laird it takes commitment to work on these machines nothing much is easy and i hear ya on the retired thing i have zero clue how i found the time to work and still found time to cottage/aatv/sled/play with classic cars and the honey do list seemed easy at the time now the days fly past thats some good work u have done there and not easy by any means congrats.NCT

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    New phone new laptop old guy it will take me a year to figure out how to upload LOL but go into the gallery section of this site and go to my pics u would be able to see a few pics of the olde Avenger.NCT Cheers Lad
    Found it! Looks incredible. Must be terrific to drive in the swamps

Found it! Looks incredible. Must be terrific to drive in the swamps
    Its pretty much unstoppable best thing ruts are meaningless and on the water it is so stable and load capacity at least doubles. CT

But one pile of work to break it all down for track install a bunch easier now i have went to the latest spec axles and rim combo no more stud extensions and spacers but still shop time with a air gun.NCT

Not having to care about the ruts sounds great. And yea that would be a bit of work for installing tracks for sure. Air tools are beautiful things

So NCT where are you located? You said you were near muskoka

So NCT where are you located? You said you were near muskoka
    Retired and living in Port Loring currently at our other haunt Peterborough area.NCT

And Yourself Facemelter Muskoka covers a big area where is your riding area i have pretty much sledded every area from Barrie north to Cochrane and likely passed thru your area

I'm baysville down hwy 117. Swamps in every direction

+ Reply to Thread