Final Reserection Plotthound Approved

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Reserection Plotthound Approved

Final Reserection Plotthound Approved

Been awhile since i had input to this forum life's challenges sometimes get in the way that aside my olde Avenger came to the end of useable life all the way around i had been amassing parts for years but health held me back finally getting it done the list New engine/clutches/new 3.3 transmission/rotors calipers masters/new chains adjusters latest forged axles all new brgs sprockets the roller is done engine goes in this weekend then trans then new wiring harness and back on with the lid its been a fantastic machine over 4 thousand hrs it was used a ton usually on the ranch daily year round took us fishing way back lakes hauled multiple cargo loads to camp i just felt i owed it now iam sure it will outlast me or so Plotthound tells me.lol Cheers NCT P.S checked the hour meter 4824total hrs
    Last edited by North Country Tough; 09-08-2022 at 06:32 PM.

nice to hear from you n.c. tough . what a machine .. glad your ready to go after it again . jboy

That's a big accomplishment. It takes alot of work to overhaul these things. 4824 hours so far, that's a testimony to build quality as well. Keep on trucking.

Try this one more time keep loosing my reply thanks guys its a job for sure made substantially tougher with arthritis that now has a grip on me but a couple hours a day forge ahead,before i forget a bud of mine with a couple ish year old avenger had a oil leak it was found to be the crankcase drain plugs 2 were both loose a suction tank always used for oil changes i checked my new engine although not loose far from tight i hope a isolated incident but sure glad i checked mine near impossible to get at the one with a alternator kit as a bracket covers one of them.Cheers Yall NCT

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    That's a big accomplishment. It takes alot of work to overhaul these things. 4824 hours so far, that's a testimony to build quality as well. Keep on trucking.
    Noel make no mistake 4824 hrs likely about 300 plus ft of chain replaced numerous bearings a axle here and there 2 transmissions the clutch's stood the test of time as well as the engine i ran Mobil one syn from the first oil change but the engine now pooched the frame original as well as the masters/calipers body is fine its been great never left me in the bush i was always able to nurse it back when i had a event the machine was worked hard not abused and was serviced monthly owned since new.NCT

hey NCT,i got your rebuild pictures.cant seem to post them though.not sure what the issue is.theres something screwy with this site.of all the the pictures ive up loaded through the years without issues now i cant.like WTF? no wonder this place is a ghost town.
    Last edited by plott hound; 09-09-2022 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    hey NCT,i got your rebuild pictures.cant seem to post them though.not sure what the issue is.theres something screwy with this site.of all the the pictures ive up loaded through the years without issues now i cant.like WTF? no wonder this place is a ghost town.
    Appreciate u givin it a shot tried a dozen times off of my camera as well as stored laptop pics no dice mind you iam not good with the digital world anyone who has spun wrenches on one of these machines can appreciate what's involved in a ground up but pics always fun ttyl.R

NCT glad to hear you're on the path to gallavanting again. 4824 hours is a testament to maintenance and driving abilities.

NCT and Plott, I've found the only way to get a picture up is to text it to myself, either phone or email, as it will resize the photo. Had the same issue with fb as it seams the newer electonics are to good.

Have fun Jim

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

thanks argojim,i fooked with the pictures for an hour yesterday,resized them in paint and still no go.can only help a site out so much.thats about the last straw for me.

fail
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread