First ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First ride

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.

First ride

I have owned the Argo for a couple years now and could never get my wife to go for a ride(probably remembers the first one) but she wanted some birch branches to make some sort of display and I told her I knew where there was some but it would require a ride in the Argo. She reluctantly agreed as long as I wasn't going to be crazy.???( define crazy). But I took it easy in , got some branches, checked out a couple of trails and easy ride out. Got back to the truck, loaded up and on the way home says"you know , that was kinda fun". Almost had another heart attack. Don't know if I will ever get her in it again but the one trip was fun. She is also turning 68 and not an outdoors type of person.

Glad to hear u behaved urself and gave the wife a nice fall color ride iam sure she will go again fall is such a nice time easy to dress for and limited bugs u picked a great season there Laird on the opposite end of the spectrum is me thrashing away to get my machine together my wife and dogs not happy we are not going for a ride arthritis limits my day but pushing thru hope to be in ur position late next week.Cheers NCT

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    I know about arthritis. Some days I can make a fist, other days can't hold anything in my hand. I feel for ya. Try a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water once a day. Seems to help me. Helps with gout also. But I think maybe gout is a form of arthritis.

Yea I will give that a try for me Laird it's my knees in pain steady so far nothing working lucky so far with upper body just normal wear and tear low back touchy but bent over a Argo for tha last while doesn't help lol flopped the top on today now more wiring feel like a Bell employee just need a tent any luck this weekend sea trials.Cheers

laird ...if you ever took your wife for a ride in the woods at busco , i guarantee she'd never get in again !! deep ,muddy ,bumpy jboy

John is there a pile of wheelers and sxs at that spot if so I guess it's mud tracks required?

nct ...i had my half tracks on my max 2 highboy at busco last weekend ...peeled on off turning in a slippery , soupy mud hole at a angle . tracks are good there if you just running thru flat deep mud of any kind . the problem is many of the trails have deep ruts left by 4x4's and side by sides . tracks don't fit them exact . in fact scott and john in their argo tracked 8x8 almost peeled off a track twice in those ruts . otherwise they went thru stuff we got stuck in . they pulled me out atleast 3 times and same with j shades max 4 . always nice having a ''recovery vehicle along '' . they should post some videos soon . have fun ....johnboy

Here I run trails that mud holes like u guys encounter are rare but deep ruts from other off road units a hazard and in the fall slick trails it's tough to keep from sliding into biggest reason I off and on run daul wheels ruts no issue then but the unreal soup I see on vids from that park nothing but tracks would do something I lack I have tracks for snow but no good for that type of riding looks like fun if ur setup for it.

+ Reply to Thread