Final Reserection Plotthound Approved

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final Reserection Plotthound Approved

no moderators chimed in with a suggestion for picture sizing i see.if no one cares then why should i .

I was able to get pics up, but it took a minute.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Argo Jim question i have always had a alternator kit on my machines and transferred it to the new engine what exactly happens if the Kohler regulator/rectifier that is supplied with the engine was to remain hooked up not that I have ever done this always had it disconnected as per the instructions only time in the past that i ever reconnected it was when i lost a alternator belt back in the boons at that time i disconnected the alternator exciter wire/fuse and also the heavy cable from the alt then reconnected the original stator driven charging system to get me back out.

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Argo Jim question i have always had a alternator kit on my machines and transferred it to the new engine what exactly happens if the Kohler regulator/rectifier that is supplied with the engine was to remain hooked up not that I have ever done this always had it disconnected as per the instructions only time in the past that i ever reconnected it was when i lost a alternator belt back in the boons at that time i disconnected the alternator exciter wire/fuse and also the heavy cable from the alt then reconnected the original stator driven charging system to get me back out.
    Rob, honestly I do not know as I have never done it myself be it on purpose or by mistake. Most of the alternators that I had done were on Conquests which needed the regulator disconnected because the new harness plugged in where the regulator would be, the handful of Avengers i did we unplugged prior to beginning of the job. I can say we did quite a few briggs in the Bigfoot days along with Lindsay's Sandy when that was new, when I rebuilt that machine from frame up in a rush to make a Busco event, I did leave the fuse in the stock charging system with no issues from either system. I did unplug it after 4 days and 20-25 hours with no issues, they both still function properly after 5 years as we lost the belt last year and had to plug the stock system back in, though a stick in the brake fan blower did blow the fuse and burn the holder.
    I would assume the one negates the other and one just stops charging.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks Jim pretty much my thoughts i like the backup plan.

The Avenger now on its feet and driving the top and wiring left (new harness) being closer to seventy than sixty and arthritis making things interesting i don't get a lot done per day but forward progress no stone left unturned barely anything that hasnt been replaced including all hardware small glitch reared its head the engine acted like it was losing fuel rail pressure between start ups would have to cycle key and prime 3 o 4 times checked for leak's as all hoses filter pump and regulator were all replaced all good it seemed to repair itself after a number of restarts sticky regulator or possible ECU starting to gather parameters and now thinking dunno but not going to over think it unless it shows up again.We are away for a week or so and a break from greasy hands and banged up arms then once back the finish the with any luck a invite to do a trip to the the sometimes Bitter Plotthounds (LOL) hunt camp its been some years its time for a bush tour we are getting old and decrepit best go soon the olde Plott has a wicked location for his camp and loads of fun getting there and this time in the fall would be nice no swattin skeeters and blackflys and a thermos of coffee royal in order.NCT Rob

Back from a short vakay thingy on with the rebuild the top is in the shop and i have pulled all the old wiring harness out not as simple as one might think having this machine for nearly twenty years i have added in sooo many extras over the years lights exterior and interior heater at one time windshield wiper bilge pump alternator kit various power ports extra do dad switches here and there over that period of time the original harness not recognizable so back to square one new factory harness then work back in anything extra, thing is most if not all accessory's from Argo came with a add in harness so i have to remake them as the wiring is just to old and crusty and now to change out my old pull push switches to rocker so its not just toss in the harness ur good time and materials and patients and alot of coffee.Cheers

Long project closing in on done lid on and sore hand from a slue of rivets partial wiring alternator charging bilge pump hooked up brake cooling fan working next lights and heater on new rocker switches indicator lights acc plug then we done the front brush guard and winch bracket out for sandblast and paint will go on later bottom to top all new start on the next thousand hours.Cheers NCT

+ Reply to Thread