Quote Originally Posted by Laird View Post
If I had hydraulic brakes already, I defiantly would try to convert to handlebar steering.......just to see if I could do it. To try to do it with standard old style brakes, well, that is just too much head scratching. As far as any fab work, I have my own lathe, mig welder and access to full machine shop. What I need is to find someone parting out a machine who will part with the masters for a reasonable (aka cheap) price. I did find some but the price was not conductive to an experment. The machine is used generally from mid September to January first so I have a lot of downtime to play with it mechanically. In theory anyway. The older I get, the faster the clock moves and someone wants things done around the house. You know the labour pool is low when a former employer offers a 70 year old a part time job. One day a week. I am afraid that would turn into more than that, and I am too soft hearted, or stupid (probably stupid )to say no to more than one day a week cause he needs the help. Decisions decisions.
Message sent