snapindle of front chains of a bigfoot

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: snapindle of front chains of a bigfoot

snapindle of front chains of a bigfoot

Hello, I have a 2002 big foot 6x6 and was wondering if anyone has installed snapidle tensioners on the front chains? Looks a little tight for their recommended free floating SI-100? HAs anyone used snapidle tensioners in their big foot and if so which model and any pictures would be awesome.
    THanks
    Steven Untiet

I've tried them on several machines. They are pretty good tensioners, but you have to keep track of them regularly. Once tension slacks, they have to be readjusted. Still better than many factory systems. I like the spring loaded motorcycle tensions best. Alot of trouble to install but once in, they do great in most circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by suntiet View Post
    Hello, I have a 2002 big foot 6x6 and was wondering if anyone has installed snapidle tensioners on the front chains? Looks a little tight for their recommended free floating SI-100? HAs anyone used snapidle tensioners in their big foot and if so which model and any pictures would be awesome.
    THanks
    I had too look snapidle up interesting never new they existed quite innovating cant see how they would work on such a short chain as your fronts as odd as it is my Avenger came out of the factory with the standard ratchet style adjusters all the way thru fronts included and work well i have had pretty decent luck with the factory adjusters and run rubber tracks near 5 months a year but when i add tracks i back off all adjusters a bit and zap strap them so they can continually wind up singing tight it has greatly enhanced my chain/sprocket and even bearing life Noel and motorcycle tensioners sounds top shelf to me got to be a heck of a lot of work.NCT Cheers

yeah i cant see where i can fit them in the front either. Maybe rig something up in the future right now i am going to run the machine as is, Chains are good to go and the thing is a little beast.
    Steven Untiet

+ Reply to Thread