1985 Argo S I/C 6x6

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1985 Argo S I/C 6x6

1985 Argo S I/C 6x6

All new chains, lights, fuel system, charging system, switches, brakes, drives like a new machine. in Muskoka. I haven't figured out how to upload pictures here.https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1633702790

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    All new chains, lights, fuel system, charging system, switches, brakes, drives like a new machine. in Muskoka. I haven't figured out how to upload pictures here.https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1633702790
    That version of the S was called the 6 Twin, if my memory is correct.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by ARGOJIM View Post
    That version of the S was called the 6 Twin, if my memory is correct.
    If in fact it is a 85 my cousin bought one new and it was as Jim says a 6 twin and that Briggs although not my most favorite brand was one of the smoothest running engines i ever operated and the machine came in that brown color he had that machine for years never let him down.

Yea it is a 6 twin your right I wasn't sure

And the engine is nice . I also have an 8 i/c with the kohler 17hp opposed twin and its also a great engine. Nice smooth power. Something about those opposed twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Facemelter View Post
    And the engine is nice . I also have an 8 i/c with the kohler 17hp opposed twin and its also a great engine. Nice smooth power. Something about those opposed twins.
    Having owned a early 80s 8 ic green motor and then a 88 8ic red motor both were stone reliable the only issues i had was with the red motor Kohler i did put a pile of hours on that one and early symptoms were backfire on startup mostly warm but not always shortly after it started doing that i lost ignition completely it turned out to be the ignition coil its like a lawnmower coil beside flywheel i left the machine at the cabin and when i returned on my next days off put a coil in all was good i assume overheat of the coil killed its life i used it a ton in the summer months other than that it was great a fabricated a alternator kit and did a remote mount oil filter helped with servicing.NCT

Yep all I've had to do with mine is a new ignition coil up on the intake, new condenser and clean the points. Dead simple to work on

+ Reply to Thread