Amphicat Transmission Help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amphicat Transmission Help

Amphicat Transmission Help

Hi Everyone,
    I recently acquired 3 Amphicats in very poor condition. The goal is to make 2 complete units out of the three.

I am struggling with the transmission currently. I have one complete 2 forward 1 reverse transmissions and a second of the same transmission but it is missing both the input/output shafts and all of the associated gears.

Does anyone have or know where I can source replacements?

I am a hobby machinist and could attempt cutting my own replacement gears/shafts. Does anyone have one of these transmissions that would be willing to take measurements for me?

The third unit has the older 1 speed forward 1 reverse transmission. I understand these are the better transmission? but the frame/axle/sprocket assembly that uses that transmission if very different than the other two. The newer style frame assembly looks much simpler and stronger so I would prefer to have both complete units on the 2 forward 1 reverse transmission. I am open to change this though if there is a compelling reason.

I am in Ontario, Canada

Thanks everyone.

I would probably build 1 of each, if you are on fb Steven Vates is probably the guy to talk to about it and parts, he is not on here.
    He's unique.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks. Unfortunately I do not have Facebook. I found some posts by him on there but I don?t see any way of messaging him unless I had an account. If anyone knows him and he doesn?t mind please reach out with an email or alternate contact information.

I was hoping there was an old 6x6 boneyard somewhere where parts could be found but I guess no such paradise exists.

+ Reply to Thread