2022 Argo 650 8X8

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2022 Argo 650 8X8

2022 Argo 650 8X8

I am looking at adding a couple lights to the front of my Argo and noticed that it is pre wired for bright lights. Any body have any thoughts on if I just put a fuse in and use these connections as there is already a place in the light switch. Also I see there is a 4 plug connection up in the front of the engine compartment with a yellow wire and a brown with gray stripe in the connection not going to anything, what is it for? I see the factory tack is a joke, at idle it says over 2000 rpm and at 3/4 throttle it is over 6000 rpm. do not believe my 23 hp carb vanguard can run that fast.
    Last edited by fishgo28; 11-26-2022 at 07:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishgo28 View Post
    I am looking at adding a couple lights to the front of my Argo and noticed that it is pre wired for bright lights. Any body have any thoughts on if I just put a fuse in and use these connections as there is already a place in the light switch. Also I see there is a 4 plug connection up in the front of the engine compartment with a yellow wire and a brown with gray stripe in the connection not going to anything, what is it for? I see the factory tack is a joke, at idle it says over 2000 rpm and at 3/4 throttle it is over 6000 rpm. do not believe my 23 hp carb vanguard can run that fast.
    You should be able to remove a diode in the fuse block and add fuse and lights to work off factory switch.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

I like the led cube lights, inexpensive, waterproof, and lots of good quality light. Set of two for $20 on Amazon.

So I put a relay and fuse in the fuse panel and hooked new lights to the plugin by the head lights, it has a black wire and a blue wire into the factory plug, now the lights all work whether I have the factory switch on low or high beam. Am I missing something? I figured the factory switch would separate low or high depending on where you positioned it.

+ Reply to Thread