Driving only front axles or front two axles with rubber tracks?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Driving only front axles or front two axles with rubber tracks?

corner tires are critical for driving your track. With a rear tire (or worse yet the back 2 tires) disabled. You?ll slip inside and fail to drive track in higher load scenarios. Yes track tension will help, but tracks that are overly tight suffer more damage to the tracks themselves, hinges, corner bearing lifespan, tweaked frames, and broken axle flanges. Being as the inside of the track is smooth, you?d have to have that thing bow-string tight and then some to get it to drive reliably. I?d be worried big time about the front axle and chain. It would stretch quickly , begin drooping into the face of front sprocket and binding under heavy load maneuvers. Lifespan on the front chain would be pretty bad I think.
    Unfortunately your rubber track has a high slip load under the middle tires. Just gotta index tires properly. Other tracks have a significantly lower slip load under the middle tires.

always good info ... thanks buzz , jboy

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger Bob View Post
    Interesting, that’s the solution to wind-up (removing the chains to the back axle) that Argo recommends. Should be worth a try.
    I have ran the rubber tracks for near twenty years in snow only and had good luck with tires indexed and the center tires reversed and air pressure set as per argo spec and no issue once in a while thru the winter I knock back the adjusters a notch or two and let them reset driving without the full complement of tires what if you get a flat on your drive tire you are walking I have had flats and drove out cautiously and got back home everytime.NCT

+ Reply to Thread