Are tracks necessary?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are tracks necessary?

Are tracks necessary?

So I've been trying to search and haven't really found a conclusive answer. Tracks are a little out of my price range as of right now. Winter is coming (where I live)... Can I still use my Argo in the snow without tracks? We don't usually get alot of snow, but maybe a foot at best. I want to attach a plow for snow removal on my property. What is everyones thoughts?

I have Argo Rubber tracks, and adair tracks. Rubber tracks are great in snow, and crazy mud/muskeg. Anything else they are a pain. Adair tracks are great in muskeg and mud (actually unbelievable) but not great in snow. With tires, I can tell you even 4 inches of snow can render tire useless depending what is under the snow. Maybe if you are plowing your driveway and you pavement is under you, it would be okay, but not if there was a foot of snow. I never take my tracks when I hunt in the winter in northern Alberta, and I often wonder why I didnt. Lol.

The difference that tracks make on an aatv is like comparing a 4x4 truck to a 2x4 truck. The difference is night and day. I believe that tracks add another 75% of capability to a machine and will get you in and out of places that a machine with tires only would struggle on.

Do U get stuck alot going where U go spring summer and fall if not ur need for tracks thru those seasons not required if U use ur machine in the winter U need tracks for sure the type and make of track for strictly winter use is different than what I would choose for off winter use I have run a tracked argo (winter use)since the 80,s and use it extensively in the snow 5 months of the year.Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    The difference that tracks make on an aatv is like comparing a 4x4 truck to a 2x4 truck. The difference is night and day. I believe that tracks add another 75% of capability to a machine and will get you in and out of places that a machine with tires only would struggle on.
    Noel I have got to say I have watched the videos on ur tracked machines and just wow unreal what u guys go thru that would stop my machine in a instant and it looks like a blast.I have often thought of investing in a pair of mud tracks but very rare is there a place I go hunting or fishing that I run into a bad section I can't get thru when I do I bush bash around it and others that once and a while I get out with have no tracks so I would be leaving them behind.i totally agree for the need of tracks (summer use) if you have the kind of bad conditions I see u guys going thru it would save cutting detours and winch time getting soaked and muddy by having to bail out to extracate yourself out of a mess.Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Alienation View Post
    So I've been trying to search and haven't really found a conclusive answer. Tracks are a little out of my price range as of right now. Winter is coming (where I live)... Can I still use my Argo in the snow without tracks? We don't usually get alot of snow, but maybe a foot at best. I want to attach a plow for snow removal on my property. What is everyones thoughts?
    My Argo is hopeless in the snow without tracks, but invincible with them. 6” of fresh snow and the Argo with just its tires floats on its belly pan and goes nowhere. I use the Argo rubber tracks in winter and have never not been able to go.

Thanks for the input guys!
    Unfortunately tracks are out of my price range these days, so I will just have to limit my heavy winter use until I can save up for tracks.

Alienation depending on what model u got a set of Argo plastic tracks be it super or standard can be picked up at a reasonable price level I have used them in the past and they worked well keep ur eye out.Nct

keep in touch with adair argo for a used set ...maybe someone traded in . have fun jboy va

I have a 99 conquest 8x8. I will email Adair and see, and also price out some plastic tracks

+ Reply to Thread