Finally getting around to the winch install...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Finally getting around to the winch install...

Finally getting around to the winch install...

Well, finally decided it's time for the winch to go on. Found the mounting kit through Argo Adventures... NOS but bolt holes do not line up. At least everything else SEEMS to, so the bones are there! My mod is simply going to be cutting off the plates, and move them over the necessary distance. Weld them back on and bolt it in!

I cleaned out the bolt holes and chased the threads with a tap, so bolts should go in easily once I'm done cutting and welding...

Unless someone has a more clever idea that is easier/simpler... Xtra gun weekend in Ohio, so currently sitting inside by the woodburner between my morning and evening stint in the deer stand. Same tomorrow, will not get into cutting/welding until Monday at the earliest, so any input B4 then will be appreciated and considered!

Quote Originally Posted by Redhorse View Post
    Well, finally decided it's time for the winch to go on. Found the mounting kit through Argo Adventures... NOS but bolt holes do not line up. At least everything else SEEMS to, so the bones are there! My mod is simply going to be cutting off the plates, and move them over the necessary distance. Weld them back on and bolt it in!

I cleaned out the bolt holes and chased the threads with a tap, so bolts should go in easily once I'm done cutting and welding...

Unless someone has a more clever idea that is easier/simpler... Xtra gun weekend in Ohio, so currently sitting inside by the woodburner between my morning and evening stint in the deer stand. Same tomorrow, will not get into cutting/welding until Monday at the earliest, so any input B4 then will be appreciated and considered!

It is normal that the bolt slots don't line up, don't think I ever got one that actually did without having to flex the bar. Do not cut it.
    If you like stand on one bar and pull the other up slightly, they are probably only off the width of the slot, or put one side ( radiator side) bolts in loosely and flex the other over until you can start the bolts.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Thanks for the input ARGOJIM

I didn't think I could "flex" it quite that far...

I know those pics came through small and you gotta click on each one to really see them, but I did attempt to show a measurement on the last one. The other two engine compartment pics show left and right sides with the "hoop" centered. I'd have to spread that sucker over 3/4 of an inch!

I'll give it a try tho

Ok...since my son-in-law is here to deer hunt this weekend, and we were between morning/evening sits, I enlisted his help to get that thing installed. With two of us we got it! I'm usually doing stuff alone, and I've spent so many hrs TRYING to get something like that, I didn't even consider it an option. Gotta start getting a hand with stuff more often

Thank you ARGOJIM!!

+ Reply to Thread