Argo Jim new info

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Jim new info

Argo Jim new info

Hey Jim I got a ruling out of ODG on the connect disconnect of the engine mounted voltage regulator when a alternator kit is installed the engine regulator can remain connected and in the circuit in conjunction with the alternator the only thing I see about that is I would disconnect the engine regulator from time to time to be sure your alternator is functioning by checking your volt guage.NCT

my HDI has a factory installed alternator.a few years ago i dug around to find the voltage regulator just in case i needed to hook it up,in case the alternator or belt failed.mine was still plugged in and eerything had been working fine.

Yep Plott I went by recommendations layed out by ODG back in the day to disconnect had alt kits since the Magnum days only had two belt failures so never bothered with it and after many years and hrs I reconnected it when I lost a belt and low and behold nit longer worked lol this is what got me asking but now from the horses mouth good to have both.NCT

Quote Originally Posted by North Country Tough View Post
    Yep Plott I went by recommendations layed out by ODG back in the day to disconnect had alt kits since the Magnum days only had two belt failures so never bothered with it and after many years and hrs I reconnected it when I lost a belt and low and behold nit longer worked lol this is what got me asking but now from the horses mouth good to have both.NCT
    The kit used to say to disconnect it which to me makes sense to isolate the systems and to keep the stock system as a spare. I would not think being disconnected would cause any harm, though either connected or not with an alternator if the magnets or the stator or regulator went bad you would never know. On the other side of that if the alternator belt broke or alternator itself went bad it would be less noticeable.
    I wonder if you simply connected the wires or did at actual stator test as corrosion could be your only issue, I would check for that. Don't forget stock system puts out less than the alternator kit.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Btw service manager changed in the last couple years.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.

Hahaha, you know NCT I forgot the obvious have you not tackled this yet, did you check the charging fuse by the starter?

Hey Jim yep had checked the fuse all mute now as I have changed out the engine and not to concerned checked both charging systems both work fine today is service day and belt adjustment which other than a axle change on the right front is the worse job ever.And yes well aware of changes at Argo no comment there but the info came from a long time tech u know well I trust his opinion as I trust urs I switch back and forth best bet for me too know both systems in working order.nct

+ Reply to Thread