Old/New member here. Newly acquired Argo Frontier

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Old/New member here. Newly acquired Argo Frontier

Old/New member here. Newly acquired Argo Frontier

321945241_643862480843330_2942555454379378893_n resized.jpg
    Hi all! Been several years since I have been on 6x6World. Several years ago, I had a Hustler 950. I learned a lot with that, as it was my introduction to the 6x6 world. I ended up trading it off and getting more into the SxS scene with a Rhino, and then later a RZR 800. Still have the RZR.
    Always kind of missed the 6x6. Then a few weeks ago I happened on a great deal on a Max II and snatched it up. Didn't have it longer than a couple of weeks and had a chance to double my money on it, so it went to a new owner.
    Last week I stumbled on a 2009 Argo Frontier 480. The unit has been in storage in a climate-controlled machine barn for several years. It has been periodically started, and it started right up when I went to look at it.
    The unit has 17 miles, and 20 hours on it.
    Guess I'm an ARGO owner now, as I believe this one is a keeper. I would love to aquire a set of tracks for it. I know tracks are expensive. If anyone has a lead on used ones please shoot me an email. It feels great to, once again, be a 6x6 owner. I anticipate lots of fun this summer with the grandkids.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by ezryder; 12-29-2022 at 08:51 PM. Reason: add pictures

hey ez ...i remember your name , welcome back . what a great deal for you . ya must have some good aatv karma ! sounds like the frontier is almost a new machine . they must have bought it and never hardly drove it . i'm sure you will find some tracks at some point . where you located ? have fun . i have been taking our 1 year old grandson riding with his dad in the max 2 highboy . he loves it and the tractor . johnboy va

Quote Originally Posted by john swenson View Post
    hey ez ...i remember your name , welcome back . what a great deal for you . ya must have some good aatv karma ! sounds like the frontier is almost a new machine . they must have bought it and never hardly drove it . i'm sure you will find some tracks at some point . where you located ? have fun . i have been taking our 1 year old grandson riding with his dad in the max 2 highboy . he loves it and the tractor . johnboy va
    Good to be back!
    It was purchased by an older farmer in my area. He decided he was gonna get back into coon hunting like he did when he was younger. He used it a couple of times and then his health declined.
    He passed away and it was tied up in his estate. I purchased it from his sons as part of the estate. He had several options added when he bought it.
    It has skid plate, windshield, winch, roll bar, brush guard, bilge pump.
    I'm thinking I need to drain the gas tank and go with fresh gas. It starts and runs, but it hasn't had over two tanks of fuel ran through it in 14 years.

I'm in Southern Illinois.
    Last edited by ezryder; 12-29-2022 at 08:42 PM. Reason: location

sounds like your good to go....keep us posted how she run's . jboy

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    Nice. That machine is pretty much new. Once the cobwebs are cleaned out of it's system from sitting for so long, you will have plenty of fun. As far as tracks go, as long as you are looking for them, they never seem to show up or the seller wants a big price. The day you are doing something else or decide you don't need the tracks, a set will pop up.

Thank you. I have the Argo listed for sale on MarketPlace. I'm torn about keeping it.
    On one hand, it's just too nice and I don't want to be the guy that scratches it up and adds miles/hours to it.
    On the other hand, This one should last me my lifetime as I won't use it much. Just like to play in the water now and then and give the grandkids rides.
    Guess I'll let fate decide. If it sells before Spring, I'll make a little money and find a less expensive one later.
    If it doesn't sell before Spring, it will be time to add some hours to it.

As far as tracks go...I am undecided on those as well. I read they won't swim with tracks. Swimming is the coolest thing about owning one of these. If it won't swim, tracks are out.
    How hard is it to change from tracks to tires and back again?

I tried to get my 8x8 across a river with the tracks on, and it wouldn't get much momentum. A buddy wound up pulling it across and compared it to a float plane. I always have my tracks on, as it's way easier to store them that way. To remove them, all I do is pull the valve out of the stems on the rims if the front and rear tires on each side, spray some WD40 on the pin on the splice plate, put the valves back in,re-inflate and drive off the tracks. To put the tracks back on, I lay out a long enough ratchet strap, roll the tracks on, drive on, let the air out, and use the strap to get the ends close enough for the pin. Then re-inflate the tires. All told its about a half job. Including re-inflating.

+ Reply to Thread