Hi everyone! Thanks for having me as a member? I am in Edmonton Canada and just picked up my newest restoration project (1st ever attempt at an Argo or UTV etc.). My introduction to this world was 2 quotes obtained on an ignition coil (at over $ 540.00 - almost choked)! An hour later had ordered 2 coils, 2 condensers and 2 sets of points for under $ 100.00 (Ali Express). Got her started, good compression etc. Now I am on 'TIRES' (please forgive the probably very common questions): The 'original' dealer / mfg style tires I see everywhere are over $ 400.00 each (up here in Canada - not including delivery) - so that's a no go. Original tires I took off it are Goodyear Runamucks. 4 are 22x11x8 NTS and two are 20x11x8 NTS. I have & checked the manual (says for this model 'Goodyear' 20x11x8 but no mention of differing sizes). Here are my questions:

1) Are there supposed to be different size tires? Which ones are different? What are the sizes?

2) How important is the 'original paddle' (or 'sand') style tread pattern? If I buy 'similar' but different tires (less 'paddle' - more 'turf' style, less aggressive tread); will it still go ANYWHERE in the water?

3) How important is the tread to 'traction'? Seems like a dumb question but I am hoping to use the machine (ie: without tracks but has a winch) to help me get some small project cars out of the bushes (mostly dry ground - around the farm).

4) What happens if I put 6 identical 22-11-8 tires on the unit (will they fit)? Will I still have room / clearance to (later on) buy and install a track system? How much tire / body (vertical) clearance is needed for add on tracks?

Thanks for your help! I will post photos as the restoration proceeds etc..
Skellyman99 - Edmonton Alberta Canada