15 horse Briggs eating spark plugs?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 15 horse Briggs eating spark plugs?

and make sure it is the right plug ... i've had auto parts cross reference plugs of different brands and they ended up being wrong . jb

I picked up 2 new spark plugs. Napa had NGK?s so I bought them. I figured that maybe the Chinese plugs will play right with the Chinese electronic ignition lol.

Well it seems to be running fine with the new plug. I let it idle for several hours today and it didn?t die. The carb is definitely out of adjustment. It revs very sluggish and blew a cloud of black smoke lol.

While I let this turd idle for a couple hours yesterday, I wasted time working on the tire guides. I got half of the guides for one track modified. After I finish those, I?m gonna build a guide to attach to an angle grinder so I can cut the knobs off the inside of the tracks. I bought one of those chainsaw murder wheels from Harbor Freight to use for that. The rubber knobs stand about 3/4? tall, are about 1? by 1? at the base and they?re every roughly every 2?. Removing them will maximize the retention ability of the tire guides. I need to build a guide that won?t let the murder wheel cut too deep into the track, so won?t it ruin it. I?ll post what I come up with. I?m thinking something similar to the guide on a skill saw.

sounds good ...maybe the carb out of adjustment is definately affecting the plugs . looking forward to seeing your tracks . keep at it , jboy va.

The murder wheel guide I threw together today is working out pretty good. Here?s a link to a build thread I?m doing at the ranger station. It has pictures. I bought a carving wheel at Harbor Freight, it?s a section of chainsaw chain sandwiched between two pieces of metal and goes on a angle grinder. It?s pretty darn dangerous lol. I used the grinder safety shield then built an attachment to bolt to it that is a depth gauge and a guide.

https://www.therangerstation.com/for...6#post-1954194

Well, it?s 3am and I?m awake because my dogs were barking. Good thing because the wood stove almost went out and it?s supposed to be 25 degrees tonight.

I worked on the tracks yesterday. Finished one side up completely. I decided to remove the track clips and the 4 center drive lugs. It took roughly 15 seconds to cut each clip and 3-4 seconds for each drive lug. I didn?t count the track clips but I think there was around 50 on each track and around 200 drive lugs. It went much faster than I thought it would. It was incredibly messy though and my garage is a mess. I think it lightened up that track by about 10 pounds. Hopefully the track guides will be tall enough now.

I finally got back to working on the snow tracks yesterday. After reassessing everything I realized I made a mistake when I reassembled the first track. I used the original holes that I drilled to locate the tire guides but that brought the guides inward too far. My tires are 11? wide and the guides are set at 9.5? now. So I?m gonna have to drill all new holes to make the guides sit at the right width.

i use to have that video ....watched over and over ! those snow tracks worked really well ....they were so wide . and the motor in the max 2 was probably only 16 hp , amazing how it plowed thru that deep snow . johnboy

+ Reply to Thread