argo brakes fan

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: argo brakes fan

argo brakes fan

my neighbors friend aquired a older argo 8x8 ( maybe mid to late 80's ) and said there is a fan on it to cool the brake pads and rotors . is that original or modification , etc ? or something else ? thanks johnboy va

Ask what the motor is. I have an ic8 mid 80s with a kohler 17 in it. Brake fans came standard. It's fiberglass right into the firewall

will do ...was there a problem with the pads and discs getting real hot ? jb

I don't think a problem as much as something that just happens. The brake fan just helps to avoid overheating. Mine is wired to come on with the key. Been thinking about putting it on a switch for when I'm at an idle or just doing something quick, not long enough for the brakes to get hot

thanks face ...his is also a 80's machine with the same motor . so now we know , jboy

it's a great machine. Dead simple to work on. One thing I would suggest is to have some good 5/16 bolts around 2 1/4 to2 1/2 " long kicking around to replace the axle pins if they break. Bolts are way stronger. You just need to flatten the head off on one side and drill through the other end for a cotter pin or something to stop it falling out of the axle. Alot easier to smack them out then the roll pins too when it comes time to change a bearing

thank you buddy ...good info i'll pass along . i do like that it has the steering sticks and looks easy to work on . have fun jboy va.

As mentioned the brake fan was standard on some and optional on other 8 wheelers since the 80s.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread