half track test

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: half track test

half track test

i have been wanting to see how my max 2 highboy performs with the half tracks on and rear chains removed . did it this afternoon . it definately turns better (on a dime ) and has as much power as no tracks on . seems to pull better in deep mud .. have'nt noticed the middle drive wheel spinning in the track yet . if so , a bit more air in the tires ..as the tracks are'nt real tight at all . always fun trying different things with these machines . jboy va.:

Do you happen to have a picture of your halftrack setup? Sounds interesting.

if you punch in ''' johnboys half track max '' there is a older video of them . i have done more modifications since then to get them fine tuned , and they work really well now . also if you look under '' homemade russian tracked machines '' you see how they make some pretty simple ones . just need some metal and conveyor belting . jboy va

I went down that YouTube rabbit hole hard last year. Watched so many of those homemade Russian tracked vehicles videos that I started getting Russian language adds popping up before a video. They are a clever and resourceful bunch that's for sure.

yea those tracked machines using car rear ends ...tranny's and those lifan motors work good with the rear tires running and turning the tracks . plus you can have some gears . using a basic belt drive to the trans with a idler pulley you can shift gears . jboy

+ Reply to Thread