Reputation ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reputation ?

Reputation ?

What is the reputation (REP) indicator on the profiles?

I just saw it and was going to ask the same thing. Mine is a green square. I wonder what happens when it turns red....

If I hover the mouse over the little green square, it says "hydromike is on a distinguished road"...... The road I live on is anything but distinguished...

~m
    Last edited by hydromike; 08-13-2007 at 12:21 PM.

Man, you guys are fast! I had a few people ask about reputation over the past few weeks and I thought I would try it out. I just enabled it this morning and meant to post about it.

Basically if someone posts a helpful topic or post you can click on the weighted scales icon at the top right of their post and leave positive feedback.

The more people leave you feedback, obviously the higher the reputation goes but it's not just a cut and dry formula. If someone with many posts on here leaves you good reputation it will count more than someone with hardly any posts, etc. There are several other formulas involved but you get the idea.

What do you think? Is it even worth having? It really is more of a social thing than anything but I guess "real reputation" is social too

I guess the only hesitations I have about it are:

- Will it get abused ie. people leave negative feedback because they don't like the topic rather than the post/poster
    - Is there any point to it really?

Quote Originally Posted by hydromike View Post
    The road I live on is anything but distinguished...
    Mike, I will make a special one for you

I'm sure it is a completely worthless function, but I'm sure if you keep it, we will abuse it accordingly

I gave liflod a rep approve check and turned his color dot by his name green, I think

Yeah, abuse of a completely useless "doo-dad" is pretty much expected. It doesn't serve a true purpose, and the potential to really hurt someone's feelings is really there.

That said, I LIKE IT . Can I get Lance kicked off of the board if I leave him enough negatives? Can the moderator erase bad things I say about him? I'm gonna go test the uselessness of it....

Jeff posts 300 posts per day, so if I leave enough negatives maybe I can make him cry? Okay, I wouldn't do that.

..yet.

~m

Cool, you can read the comments when someone leaves you feedback. It shows up under your user CP. It doesn't say WHO left the feedback, though, so you're left guessing who told you that "you suck" (for instance), or what-ever. Hey, at least it's a positive!
    Attached Images

this looks like it's going to be alot of fun!!!!!

Keep talking like that, and you're gonna get a big fat DISAPPROVE!

~m

+ Reply to Thread