Hey there,

I'm curious what the verdict is on the old vs. the new... In my area, a ~20 year old conquest that is in good shape is still commanding a pretty heavy price tag (10k-12K CAD)... It seems like if I drive a bit further, I can get a newer model Avenger (few years newer) that has that has the new body design and presumably some nice/new features..

I guess my question is, do argos, in general, increase in quality and capability the newer they get. Should I be looking for the newest avenger for example with the lowest hours; will that beat the tried and true 20 year old conquest? Or is there something special about some of the older models that the new ones can't seem to replicate.

Just some food for thought - My main goal with the machine is for plowing snow and ascending/descending a very steep incline. It looks like some of the newer models have a slightly longer wheelbase (a good thing) however, they have more clearance (probably a bad thing for me)... The other thing I'd like in the machine is for it to be fairly heavy duty for carrying heavy loads if need be... Just curious whether an older conquest can hold a candle to the newer ones when climbing/descending and in the payload department..

Long winded - I'm just kind of trying to decide what machine would be best for me - The new ones are a little too pricey for me, so I'm just to pinpoint the vintage/model that would give me the best bang for much buck and hopefully last me a lifetime if I take care of it.