Which argo can ascend/descend steepest inclines the most safely?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which argo can ascend/descend steepest inclines the most safely?

Which argo can ascend/descend steepest inclines the most safely?

Title says it all. I'm looking for which argo can climb up and down a very steep incline the most safely with passengers/gear....

I noticed the newer models have a longer wheelbase, but they're higher off the ground. I would think the model with the lowest center of gravity is what I'm looking for most.

Thanks,

Going up hills you want the longest wheelbase to keep from flipping backwards.

Ya. I agree... but with the new ones having higher clearance and seats being higher off the ground, I'm curious if the older ones were actually better at climbing up hills - the higher the weight sits in the machine, the higher the center of gravity - I'm curious whether the longer wheelbase actually makes up for this...

I have a 2015 Frontier 8x8 with the low speed transmission, and additionally have a 2019 Argo Aurora. The Aurora can power up and through most places as well as the older machine. In terms of just outright pulling power though, the low geared Frontier easily powers up and down steep inclines like they are nothing. I seldom even use low gear, and then only when towing heavy, stuck machines out of a mud hole.
    The Frontier has a lower center of gravity as you noted. I've not noted any advantages or disadvantages of the Aurora's slightly longer wheelbase though.
    The Frontier only tops out at 18-20 mph, while the Aurora is considerably faster.
    I consider both as excellent machines and have only good things to say about them.

+ Reply to Thread