2022 Argo 650 8X8 with 23 hp Briggs engine

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2022 Argo 650 8X8 with 23 hp Briggs engine

2022 Argo 650 8X8 with 23 hp Briggs engine

So ran my Argo with 23 hp Briggs engine this winter ice fishing, at the end of each day it went into my heated shop till next trip. I changed oil this spring and notice the oil came out chocolate colored. I let the engine run while loading and make sure it is warmed up before driving, some trips were 1/2 to 3/4 mile and drove at 10mph or less because I was never in a hurry, this should have warmed the oil up and burned any moisture I thought . Should I just keep a eye on the oil or how can I stop this. Had same problem with a Polaris ATV I owned.

I can't believe no one else has never came across this problem. Anyone seal their side vent in the winter or how about adding sea foam to the oil?

Can't say that I have had that issue we run our machine extensively in winter conditions I do use synthetic 0 40 in the winter a 10w30 in the summer as far as blocking the side vent did it on my.avenger water cooled and barely made a difference on the temp guage just my experience.nct

+ Reply to Thread