Remove axle extensions?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Remove axle extensions?

Remove axle extensions?

Hello. I have a 2009 Argo avenger 8 x 8 with tracks. Now that the snow is gone, I would like to remove the tracks. The manual says to remove the axle extensions as well. Is this necessary? Seems like a lot of work every time I want to put the tracks on and off. It does not get heavy use, just putting around in the woods. Thanks.

you don’t have to remove axle extensions (otherwise known as wheel spacers). There are several versions (not sure which kind you have). They are all lug nut (or lug stud) related.
    “Bearing extensions” on the other hand are the enclosed aluminum housings on front and rear axles that re-locate the outer bearing and flange further away from the body.
    The most important piece of advice if leaving wheel spacers (axle extensions lol) “on” is to run less psi in tires and also drive slower, shock load less etc. After all, argos shine at low speed 7-8 mph or less. Leaving them on will add stability during off-camber maneuvers and also in the water. Hope that helps.

Thanks! That is super helpful! I guess I should at least pull the wheels off so I can grease the bearings but I am happy to eliminate unnecessary steps in the annual maintenance

As expected Buzz is on the money for all reasons givin i left my axle extensions on my Avenger in place forever no issues at all for over 10 years only thing i can add is you get more muck up on the upper body side other than that leave em on.NCT

+ Reply to Thread