Bigfoot oil filter access

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bigfoot oil filter access

Bigfoot oil filter access

Just picked up a 1999 Bigfoot with the 18 horse B&S. first thing that I always do is an oil change. I have the same engine on my Max IV and my word, from a maintenance standpoint, the Max seems designed by modern social workers and the Argo engine compartment looks like it was designed by the Spanish Inquisition. Do I need to pull the drive belt to get the oil filter off, or is there some super secret Argo yoga technique to get to it? I'm going to need some validation and an award after getting the PM done on this thing.

It's a yoga trick.

Good day. I have a 97 bigfoot and I take off the heat shield off the muffler, slip my belt off to get at the filter. I do have an oil filter relocation kit for it, just haven't got it on yet. Winter project. Till then I will be doing what I have been doing as mentioned above. As for draining the oil I use an oil extractor. Made by mighty vac. Got the remote oil kit off ebay.

I have had to remove the driven clutch to get extremely tight filters off that model. I also evacuate the oil from crankcase with vacuum pump. Good luck

Unplanned blood donation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BF6X6 View Post
    Good day. I have a 97 bigfoot and I take off the heat shield off the muffler, slip my belt off to get at the filter. I do have an oil filter relocation kit for it, just haven't got it on yet. Winter project. Till then I will be doing what I have been doing as mentioned above. As for draining the oil I use an oil extractor. Made by mighty vac. Got the remote oil kit off ebay.
    Is getting the belt on and off a big project? I have an oil pump, I still want to drain the sump for particle removal though.

Belt rolls off easily. Not to bad of idea to pull driven clutch and make sure it can be removed when necessary. Put a bit of antiseize on shaft when going back in. If you want to drain sump in the future I install a drain hose about 18” long. That can be pulled out and drained into a pan instead of in tub or plastic bag.

+ Reply to Thread