Putnam Pit Premier Ride

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Putnam Pit Premier Ride

Putnam Pit Premier Ride

Well. After who knows how many hours of work, and how many set-backs and frustration, I finished the Attex Wild Wolf. I have been running around my yard (AND TRUST ME, IT SHOWS ). I also ventured into the edge of the "Pit" But fear of getting stuck kept me from venturing too far too early. But Today, a friend Jimmy (MogMan) brough his newly rebuilt MaxIV over for a true shakedown run for both of our machines. See, I am blessed to have a perfect AATV park literally in my backyard. And let me tell you, is it ever sick! I will let Mogman talk about how well his machine did, but the Attex was amazingly effective at clearing ALMOST any obstacle. Since it was late in the day, we did not get any video and no digital photos. But we did get almost 2 hours of true riding in some of most brutal conditions I have ever taken ANYTHING into. I will wait to brag about lack of any breakage untill I look the Wolf over tommorow to see if it needs , It was getting very dark as we got back to the yard. Next time we plan to go earlier and we will get some video and pictures. Hopefully we will be able to get a little Get-to-gether going here, sometime in the near future.
    Attex 295 Wild Wolf: My Runner
    Attex 252? Colt? Racer 80%: My Racer to be..... SOMEDAY
    Attex Super Chief - Sold.

Excellent! You are now officially hooked. Do you have any pictures of the machine now that it is all completed? What kind of tires are you running on it?

Newest pictures are under my " My first 6x6 295 Wild Wolf " thread in the Attex category. It isn't done, I still have a lot of cosmetic work, and loose ends to tie up, but it's running very well.

Putnam Pit Rides Again

We're back! Our second ride went much better. We made landfall and started to explore some of the trails on the far side. My first trail dead-ends right now. I will fix that soon, it's a fun one and a shame to have to U-turn halfway down it. But the trails to the pond-end of the Pit and to the back stream are fine, and they, too, are a blast to ride. Mogman and friend Dennis weaving through the main trail.

On the Back Stream Trail I got ahead and had a little fun, boy do I love a two-stroke!

At the end of the day, we made it back to shore. My skidplates have new "Character", hopefully the tub does not. Mogman took a tire off the bead, which nicely reseated itself in the water for extra ballast!
    All in all a fun day! We did not come out unscathed, but it's not off-roading if you never need to do work!! OH, I got Video, so did Mogman, I'll have it up tonight or tomorrow! I hope to host a small get-to-gether if there is anyone willing to abuse their machines in the name of fun!

6x6 ,

Great pics ! I can,t wait to see more of them . This hobby really gets addictive after you experience what they are capable of . Its even more fun when you find another amphib person to ride with .

Great pictures. I liked the one in the 2-stroke smoke

Putnam Pit, the video Part 1 of 3

OK, only doing one part per day, so check back soon. These trails are awesome. Once we leave my yard, the only thing we are riding up on are sunken logs, stumps, branches and grass tufts (These things are rooted like oak trees!) There are several miles of water trails, plus an open pond on the south side. Please pardon the camera work. I am using a hand-held camera, not a camcorder, and I don't yet have a trustworthy mount. And I am driving at the same time. Operating both the wolf and the camera at the same time, especially keeping both pointed correctly and the wolf out of the snags is quite difficult. (I throttle/right stick with my left hand and use a foot for the left stick, as I have no camera controll with my left hand!) This may be AATV Heaven, well, at least as close as I've gotten so far Enjoy!

Last edited by 6X6; 09-23-2008 at 12:50 AM. Reason: needed excuse for shoddy camera work

Very cool 6x6. It looks like you have a great place to ride.

Nice job on fixing up those cracks you had at the bottom of the Wolf. Clearly they've been sealed up pretty tight.

See you at Philipsburg.
    Banned

Putnam Pit, the video Part 2 of 3

OK, The first video covered only the Mid trail, unfortunately almost to it's new end, as it has been unused a few years, so with a dead tree fallen across too large to cut with the pruning saw and no way to follow it to the back trail and far stream.......

P.S. the ending says "South Trail Blocked, so we're taking the center trail into the open, on part #3

I like the Max IV surfer

+ Reply to Thread