KID LTV 8x8 Restoration

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KID LTV 8x8 Restoration

KID LTV 8x8 Restoration

I purchased a KID about 6 months ago and finally have it running and wheels turning. It's a work in progress but after a carb rebuild, replacing of all filters, replacing plugs, and replacing all hydraulic hoses I was finally able to try to start it (using a small external fuel tank). IT LIVES.

Now I need to clean the fuel tank, replace the fuel pump and all fuel lines. Once I do that I can take her for a spin.

hey buddy ... i just watched a few '' kid '' videos on u tube . great machines . one had tracks ...going thru the swamp ..another had dually's all around 16 tires !! are there 2 hydraulic motors with chains connecting all axles , or 8 separate motors ? look forward to some pics or videos . whats the motor ? johnboy va

Yes, these are great machines. Twin Vickers hydraulic motors powered by a 30hp Wisconsin engine. I'll send some pics when I can upload it.

which axles do the motors drive ? then chains ? big motor , wisconsin are very reliable . jb

Each hydraulic motor is connected to a sprocket that is chained to gears and pulleys moving the axles. One motor turns one side.

thanks ....love to see one in person someday . jboy

+ Reply to Thread