Wont re-start when warmed up.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wont re-start when warmed up.

Wont re-start when warmed up.

Hello. ARGO HDI 8X8
    I have been trying to fix this issue for a while now. The problem is when you try to re-start when the machine is warm, it's like the starter sticks. It tries to turn over but it sounds like something is keeping it from turning over. It makes one grunt and stops. (Hard to explain). Sometimes it will start on the second / third try and sometimes I have to wait until it cools down. I have installed a larger battery, new starter and new solenoid on the starter. I now have a new ignition switch ordered. Any ideas? Thanks
    2010 Avenger 8x8 750 HDI SE.

by pass the neutral safety switch.i hunted that gremlin for years

Plott hound, Sorry for the late reply, I was away. Is that what it is called in the manual? Just had a quick look and don't see it. Thanks

the switch is on the transmission by the shifter.you can jump it out there or under the hood.under the hood there are 2 wires marked "by pass"

Thanks again.
    I have just discovered that my alternator belt is broken! Man is that hard to get at!! It was hard to tell because I installed a new heavy-duty battery and I put in on trickle charge after each run. I know you readers are saying thats my original problem, and rightly so. But I've been there before. This is the second time the belt has broken in the past couple of years and the machine doesn't get a lot of use. Why would this be happening? any tips or suggestions.
    Thanks

NL ..is it possible the pulleys are'nt lined up exactly or one is a hair loose ? jb va

+ Reply to Thread