1962 Hustler Articulated offroad vehicle.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1962 Hustler Articulated offroad vehicle.

1962 Hustler Articulated offroad vehicle.

resize3.jpgResize 4.jpgresize3.jpg
    Pictured above is our 1962 Hustler Articulated offroad vehicle, it is not amphibious and also not affiliated with the Hustler 6x6 featured on this forum. There were 58 of these units built by the Hustler Corporation, a subsidiary of Scott Manufacturing in Adams City Colorado. My grandfather worked for Scott MFG and was the main designer and fabricator on the project. these machines were built from 1962-1968 and we have all of the original patent information as well. They were powered by single and twin cylinder Wisconsin Air-cooled engines and had a CVT belt and clutch system as well as a 3 speed transmission. Unit number 1 belonged to my grandpa and was sold to my dad about 30 years ago. Over the past winter we did a full restoration and repowered the machine with a 2 cylinder Kubota Diesel. Some styling changes were made to accomodate airflow to the radiator as well as add body work to cover all of the moving parts. We have tracked down as much history as possible on this machine and are just trying to see if anyone on here has ever seen or heard of The Hustler. At this point we know of 3 still in existence including our's in Iowa, one in Southern Missouri, and confirmed to be in Southern California.
    I will post more photos on here if possible, I am a newbie and still trying to figure out the forum, Thanks for Reading!

https://youtu.be/XCxkPW2ZkXw

Youtube link to our fully restored Hustler number1

https://youtu.be/cxqspT5snTg

Youtube video of an unrestored Hustler in southern California, this owner just did what was needed to get the machine running, otherwise it is stock

wow those are very cool machines ...nice job on the restoration ! remind me of the coot . thanks for sharing . jboy va

I remember seeing one of those in Missouri around the 1984 timeframe. I thought it was a Coot at first glance, then realized it was a Hustler company product. Thanks for posting.

May have been my great uncles? He lives in Licking MO and still has it. Or the one we have was at my grandpa’s near Milan till the mid 90’s

Could have been your Uncle's machine. I was in the Montauk State Park area on vacation when I saw it. Mapquest shows that is close to Licking, Mo. Its a small world.

+ Reply to Thread