Brake problems

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brake problems

Southwestern Ont Can about 5 miles from Lake Huron just north of the town of Goderich.
    It seems that a lot of people don't know what they are getting into buying an amphibious machine. They are GENNERALY high maintenance equipment. with the price of parts and high labour costs , you have to think out of the box, search out alternative sources for parts. Most of the machines use generic size bearings and seals. Do your research and you can find cheaper but good quality parts.

that's the main reason i modified my max 2 so most all of the drive system is easy to get to and the bearings and chains, axles are all off the shelf parts . jboy

Quote Originally Posted by Laird View Post
    The cup seal definatly worked fine. Hercules pt no. HRU12-0.50-12. It is a US-80NBR(80a Buna-n rubber compound)-1/2x3/4x1/8. $5 bucks for the pair-got two just in case. Because I am using dot 5 brake fluid, which is a silicon base instead of petrolium base, there is no reason for the cup material to break down. But that wasn't the problem. The brake rotor had a oily film on it along with the brake pads, which I thought I had cleaned really well. Used pretty much a can of brakeclean, steel wool. emery cloth, rags and elbow grease to clean the rotor and pads. Works good now. Side note: bought the machine with 242 hrs on it last Jan. Now has 248 hrs on it. I have probably spent 25 hrs fixing the dang thing. Haha. Good thing I like fixing it more than riding it.
    Good to hear u still have perseverance Laird since my last fall ish rebuild I have 350 hrs

+ Reply to Thread