Fat truck test drive impressions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fat truck test drive impressions

Fat truck test drive impressions

I had an opportunity to test drive a 2.8C Fat Truck a few weeks ago, that is the model that can seat 8 people including the driver. It was a cool experience but one that surprised me in that I wasn't expecting the vehicle to be so loud inside, I had to almost shout at the person in the right front seat once we were underway due to the constant noise of the hydraulic drive system. The vehicle is controlled by a joystick, which sounds very easy and intuitive to use, but what I found out was that you had to shift gears with two buttons on the top of the joy stick once you ran out of RPM in a lower gear, so it is not as straight forward as I was expecting. There is a lot of jerkiness too when you are turning at lower speeds due to the low pressure tires collapsing and then rebounding once you are pointed straight again, that might go away somewhat once you get more used to the joystick steering but it wasn't pleasant being rocked and tossed around on the test drive. Other than that it was an interesting test drive and I can see why they are popular for going off road, a little more refinement would probably go a long way to making it a better driving experience.

hey buddy...just watched a video of the truck . very cool , bet it was pretty amazing , but would take some time to get the hang of it . it would be neat to drive it ..then get out and get in a sherp just for the comparison of which is more '' enjoyable '' , easier to drive , quieter , etc . jboy va

You are exactly right John, and if I ever get the chance to try out a Sherp you can be certain I will take it and let you know how it was. And that goes for the ARGO SASQUATCH that is due out this fall, I hope to test drive that someday too, it is a mechanical drive but is able to counter steer when the vehicle is stopped and the steering wheel is turned all the way in one direction or the other. Such cool vehicles, it is too bad you have to win the lottery to afford them.

did'nt know argo had one coming out .... ! just watched that video . I like it the most . great cab with all the glass ...steering wheel ....4 seater.... and bed for lot's of stuff . nice design too . how much will that puppy be ? let's get 50 guys together and buy one . jboy

Haven't seen a price yet on the Sasquatch but I would expect it will be up there, probably not as much as a Sherp or Fat Truck since it is a CVT transmission but it will still be one of the biggest vehicles that ARGO puts out, my guess is it will go for around $90k or so. If we get 50 guys to go in on it we can each have it for a week a year provided it lasts that long!!

+ Reply to Thread