Grimeca brake caliper seals for mid-90s Vanguard 2

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grimeca brake caliper seals for mid-90s Vanguard 2

Grimeca brake caliper seals for mid-90s Vanguard 2

Hi all, first off apologies if this question has been answered elsewhere; if so, I missed it when searching before posting this.

I have a mid-90s Vanguard 2 using the black Grimeca calipers (the ones that use two bolts to hold them together / allow you to swap out pads without removing calipers.) I have the right caliper apart on my bench right now partway through a rebuild. Foolishly, I didn't check for availability of the three seals / O-rings inside the caliper - the two for the pistons, and the small one for the journal - and it seems Argo Adventure has discontinued the part.

Does anyone know where I can obtain these seals? I tried measuring their dimensions with my calipers and plugging that into Google, but either I measured incorrectly, I guessed the degree of wear incorrectly, they're just not searchable by size like that, or all three. Any help would be appreciated, and again I apologize if I missed something obvious in my earlier search!

Working on the same issue as we speak:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...seal-kits.html

+ Reply to Thread