2002 Conquest Winch Mount Questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2002 Conquest Winch Mount Questions

2002 Conquest Winch Mount Questions

Hello,

I have a 2002 Conquest that I bought new old stock winch hoop and brackets. I?ve been told the brackets aren?t Argo and were most likely made to complete the kits. The inside bracket the Argo bracket looks to be U channel and hooked over the hoop bar on top so when bracket?s bolted to the front of the machine it holds the hoop bar in place. The bracket in the kit has a vee bent in it and goes over the hoop bar from the underside. It seems like it will probably work. I was able to buy the Argo winch angle bar which is piece of U channel. With Argo brackets it mounted on the underside of the hoop bar. I won?t be able to use it as this bracket that came in the kit mounts underneath the hoop bar and is where the winch angle bracket would mount.

The outside bracket is different. The Argo bracket has the two slotted holes then bracket is bent twice in sort of a U at bottom. The last bend is where the winch fairlead mounts. The bracket in the kit only has one bend. It has the two slotted holes and then is roughly flat horizontal where I?d have to drill to mount the winch.

Has anyone installed a winch mount with these brackets? I think inside part will work ok. Outside I can drill holes to mount winch. Then looks like will have to build a bracket to mount to the bracket from the kit just to mount the winch fairlead? I?m not sure how to upload the pictures on here or I would?ve posted them.

Thanks,
    Charlie

I have a similar kit I never really looked at but not factory, I would imagine the outer plate was made that way as many newer winches like Warn come with the fairlead mount in the kit.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

What winch do you have mounted on yours? Most of the 5000lb. winches have wider mounting than the plate. I have a nice 4000lb wireless winch for it. This is in a remote area not where I live so I’d probably buy a different winch with fairlead attached at this point. What’s a little more money, already wasted on one Argo roller fairlead and winch angle bracket. If these weren’t advertised nos Argo factory parts I wouldn’t have bought the factory parts I could find. No help whatsoever here just Mondays are very busy keep calling. 60 calls to busy signal I’m done trying. No customer service when a problem. During this figured out brackets were slightly different. Then several Argo dealers confirmed. Didn’t think I had to study pictures to make sure was being advertised correctly when purchasing

Quote Originally Posted by 510boat View Post
    What winch do you have mounted on yours? Most of the 5000lb. winches have wider mounting than the plate. I have a nice 4000lb wireless winch for it. This is in a remote area not where I live so I?d probably buy a different winch with fairlead attached at this point. What?s a little more money, already wasted on one Argo roller fairlead and winch angle bracket. If these weren?t advertised nos Argo factory parts I wouldn?t have bought the factory parts I could find. No help whatsoever here just Mondays are very busy keep calling. 60 calls to busy signal I?m done trying. No customer service when a problem. During this figured out brackets were slightly different. Then several Argo dealers confirmed. Didn?t think I had to study pictures to make sure was being advertised correctly when purchasing
    Email me pictures, let me see what you have.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread