Pulley spacing?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pulley spacing?

Pulley spacing?

Hi guys, I?m in the process of installing a new engine and the mounting bolts don?t line up. I?m going to have to drill new holes and I can?t find the measurements for how far to space the center of my crank shaft from the center of the T-20 driven shaft. Am I missing a tech section somewhere where there are oem measurements and data that I can find or does anyone have the correct spacing measurements?
    Should I line up the dive pulley with a certain spot on the driven pulley or just ?get the belt straight??

i'm not exactly sure ..but if you have the belt , set the motor in place with the belt on both pulleys so it's straight then pull the motor forward till belt is tight . somehow clamp the motor so it won't move . when you push the top of the belt down there should be about a inch or so deflection . it's best if your new mount holes can be slotted so you have a bit of adjustement forward or back on the motor so as to get the belt just right . hope this helps , someone may chime in and let you know if this is the way or other suggestions . johnboy va

Thank you sir! My belt was way too loose to start then. It was floppy in there before.

Rowdy, look on this chart. Match up your belt and pulleys and see what the suggested center distance should be.

https://www.bmikarts.com/Comet-Belt-...16-Width-Belts

Fantastic, thank you sir!!!

+ Reply to Thread