painting a polyethylene body

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: painting a polyethylene body

Mike,

I was recently reading the Highlifter web forums, and found this page on Highlifters website. It shows several moving clips of different camo patterns. This is the stuff you need. At the top right of this web page, when you,re on it, you will see a Polaris Fzr in a camo pattern. Click on this picture,and it will start to change patterns. Or you can scroll down towards the bottom of this page and then click on any pattern that interest you. This stuff is very durable.

http://www.watermarkdipping.com/patt...#37;20Patterns
    Last edited by mudbug3; 09-27-2007 at 03:08 PM.

Both of those looked cool. That would be perfect if they had a solid color. I just don't hunt so no need for the camouflage. I like bright colors so everybody can see me coming

Plus, I think I'm going to let texas ranger do his first and report how it holds up

Its on my list

Im going to do it,with the rest of the mods I showed you Mike.I think it comes in hunter orange Mike.LOL Im going for the Mossyoak break-up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Or maybe Realtree AP not real sure yet.I talked to Brian at deep creek camo and the sheets are 5'long & 4' wide for $75.00.Real nice guy.the thing about this vinal is they have alot of different things you can get Space,Dragons or just about what ever you want.talk to a sign shop and they can help you out in most cases and some shops can put it on for you.This stuff is tuff and will last a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by wildtexasranger View Post
    I think it comes in hunter orange Mike
    NOW we are talking!

Mike,

I found this posted on the High lifter ATV forum about painting plastic.

"get some stuff called bull dog adhesive. when u spray it on it bonds to the plastic and then u can paint it with what ever u would like"

Bulldog Paint Adhesion Spray

This spray is great on ABS just make sure the surface is clean befor you use any adhesion spray & paint.This stuff does NOT work on HDPE. NOTHING WILL STAY ON HDPE,IT WILL SCRATCH OFF WITH EASE!!!!!!!(or should I say alot of touch up)

I guess anything that may help would be worth a shot. It couldn't be any worse than the paint by itself.

i would have to wonder about the chemical properties of some paints like the solvents used in them and how it would react with the plastic tubs ...........would it weaken them? make them brittle? i am not sure i would do that

could a person use a cleaning product and a buffer to bring back the color and shine?
    maybe something like this

Plastic Renew

here is another link
    Painting plastic right the first time - There are special procedures and precautions used when painting plastic to insure a long-lasting quality finish. Make sure everyone in your shop knows what to do to get the job done right. - SEARCH-autoparts.co

also found this interesting

Vinyl Dye/Paint - Product Details - Parasol Inc.
    Last edited by azz7772; 10-08-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Cool, thanks for those links. That last one (the dye) looks especially interesting plus it's guaranteed not to peel or crack

I think I will read a little more about that one.

Sidenote: I have actually had great success with my last paint job on the tub. It hasn't even gotten a chip yet over the past two months. I just don't drive it ... sadly I haven't had any time to take it anywhere so it still looks great

Found this:

http://www.polyprocessing.com/pdf/te...orageTanks.pdf

And some others. Going to see which is most robust.

+ Reply to Thread