question about springers...

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about springers...

question about springers...

i see there are attex and max springers on this forum, but i was wondering if anyone has a springer that is still amphibious? if so how does it perform in water?

Yes, check the appropriate thread for more info:

Attex Springer

Max Springer

Hi Andy,

I have a springer that will float. I have not taken it in the water yet but it's just like the ones in the links Mike posted. You'll have to search because the thread is pretty long.

Whipper has video of both the Max and Attex springers swimming. They are not as fast as their regular versions but as far as I know, they are the first springers built that retained their amphibious abilities.
    Last edited by George; 09-18-2008 at 04:02 PM. Reason: singular vs. plural
    Banned

why aren't they quite as fast? s it because of the weight? also, is there some type of kit to make a springer or is it completely fabricated?

Cool

they don't swim as well because the springer plates weight drops the tires down in the water to the top of the tires and the tires are like a paddle boat the higher out of the water they are the better it swims it's like turning if you turn left the drive is on the right and if you lean left the right tires come out of the water a little more and it turns alot faster also whipper has the springer kits he makes them at his shop hit him up for more info on the kits....

I built my springer using Whipper's kit. It's very easy to do.

Check out "Building the Apache" It's an album on this site.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=576

There are also three videos I put on Youtube that show some of the work involved.

Type SpideyTank in the Youtube search engine.

It's easy and fun to build and Whipper provides a great deal of customer support.
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I built my springer using Whipper's kit. It's very easy to do.

Check out "Building the Apache" It's an album on this site.

http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=576

There are also three videos I put on Youtube that show some of the work involved.

Type SpideyTank in the Youtube search engine.

It's easy and fun to build and Whipper provides a great deal of customer support.
    those are some great pics!!!!

+ Reply to Thread