1190 clutch disassembly steps needed

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1190 clutch disassembly steps needed

1190 clutch disassembly steps needed

Can some one assist me with how to disassemble the drive clutch/pulley from my Max IV 900T. The clutch is removed from the engine. I appears to be a model 1190. I want to dissemble, inspect, clean, and lube it.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by turtle racer View Post
    Can some one assist me with how to disassemble the drive clutch/pulley from my Max IV 900T. The clutch is removed from the engine. I appears to be a model 1190. I want to dissemble, inspect, clean, and lube it.
    Thanks
    is that the motor clutch or the tranny . i have dis the motor but not the tranny . robbie
    1999 max 2 18 b&s 22 tires custom . new max iv 23 k 26 i/n tires brown . ht cable promark winch . new toy 1972 attex st400 400ccjlo and she will be bad . ( the frog ) if it don't float with out you getting wet . don't bring it ! R.I.P sage rogers 4 11 09 . you can't fix stuped !!!!! raceone 3 .)

It's the engine clutch pully. It appears to be a model 1190 it has three nuts on bolts, that lock in place with either cotterpins or lockwirer, around the bolt the holdes the clutch to the engin shaft.
    Any help is appreciated.

I believe you have to leave the three nuts and cotter pins on the studs and press the whole dome piece off the splined shaft. A buddy of mine went through his. It was much different than my 780 in my Max II. I would call RI and see if they have instructions.

Dome cover or side of pully & dome cover

Thanks for the info thus far.
    Does anyone know if I press off only the dome cover or that side of the pulley and the cover?
    Thank You

It's a little late but for future reference here's a copy of the service manual for your drive pulley. go to page 15. http://www.vintagesnow.com/Clutch_fi...ShopManual.pdf

+ Reply to Thread