T-20 plunger noise (sticking?)

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: T-20 plunger noise (sticking?)

$$$$$ ???

So the channel style T-20 linkage is on the newer machines? Do any of you have a picture of the old style?

Sticky Plungers

I have seen this problem a few tires before. We lube up the plungers with PB Blaster and move the sticks back and forth to work it in. It usually gets better gradually with some driving. I usually spray some lube on them whenever I lube the chains. This doesn't happen with the bottom ones because they are in fluid all the time. I also clean the crud off the top of the shifters and lube them.

I have a copy of the original Borg Warner T-20 parts manual. I don't have a scanner, but would be happy to make a copy for anyone interested. It shows the straight arms that pivot on a dowel pin in the center of the tranny. Recreatives changed it to the U-Channel. In my opinion, I like the old style better, except for the little tiny snap rings that held the pivot pins in place. The U-Channel design is great, because it can never come apart on you, but in return it doesn't have the pivot point for smooth operation. That's what all that snapping & clicking is about.
    Attached Images

Dan, thanks for the PB advice and whipper, thanks for those attachments. I actually had the channels off today getting the rust off and painting them so I will take this opportunity to lube them liberally.

+ Reply to Thread