Aluminum Gas Tank Leak

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Gas Tank Leak

Aluminum Gas Tank Leak

I noticed on my Hustler aluminum gas tank that there is a leak, which I believe is coming from where it is welded. Does anyone know if there is any sort of thing (such as a sealer) that I could put on there that would stick to aluminum and be resistant to the gas? The aluminum is really thin and I wouldnt want to weld it because I'm afriad that it would burn right through and I am not very good at welding aluminum either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Tank repair

Try Harbor Freight, they have good puttys available. Also, they carry aluminum tape in a large size(similar to duct tape), it might be a good thing to carry in your tow vehicle for emergency use!!

you can buy braizing welding rods for ali, it's not as hot as welding, infact you use a plumbing blow torch. or a 2 part adhexive liek araldite works, but I would try the rods as you don't need them to hot, or even solder?.

Cool Tank sealing

you can get this at most dirt bike shops It's called a tank bladder seal kit
    It's a liquid you pour in the tank and coat the inside drain the rest out let dry 1 day and it's sealed be sure to take off the fuel valve before useing sealer
    I used this on my ATC a few years ago and no leaks I think it's about $20.00

In the search for repair ideas for my RIM/Scrambler fuel tank... Reb, would you think this bladder seal kit would work with a plastic tank?

Aluminum Repair, Iron/Steel Repair, HTS-2000 & HTS-528 Brazing Rods ? AluminumRepair.com

this stuff is awsome and yes it is low heat melt with a propane torch
    Kevin Hough
    TREBMASTER
    (____>
    .OOO

use this Q-Bond Adhesives Its called q-bond it works on everything. it comes with a black plastic powder and aluminum powder and ca glue. i use the aluminum powder for everything holds up to gas and heat. all u have to do is sand the area put some powder on and a drop or two of glue in 10 seconds it turns hard as a rock. I have fixed gas tanks, intakes, even patched a hole in an engine block. check it out
    If you can't fly you might as well float...

732 silicon adhesive/sealer, i am thinking Dow Corning. Fixed a puncture in my gas tank with it. Never leaked again.

Here's another possibility.....

EW Gas Tank Sealer One Pint 16 oz

+ Reply to Thread